I first attempted this pillow last week, I believe. Notice I say “attempt.” I’m still quite an amateur at sewing, so my first stab at this pillow was a good learning experience. I took the “whimsical approach” detail of the tutorial a bit too literally and didn’t take the time to make sure the sides of my pieces lined up. Hence:
I didn’t give up, though. I really enjoy sewing even though it’s a trying experience at times and I have a lot to learn. Luckily, I still had enough fabric remaining to try again. OK, I also used a little bit of new fabric. 🙂 Witness the do-over:
The only things I did differently were use wider strips of fabric, since the pillow was a bed-sized pillow (20×27) and a darker thread for the outline for added contrast. I also pinned the batting down to sew it together, instead of using the spray adhesive recommended in the tutorial. It was too expensive for me ($15.99) when I’d probably never use it again.